Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Preparing

Hello everyone. I decided to make this blog for my upcoming mission trip to Bundibugyo, Uganda. I chose the title of this blog for two reasons:

1) I have been changed by God's grace and salvation in Jesus Christ. It is only because of this that I can make a difference in this world. I desire to make an eternal impact and cannot do it on my own strength.
2) I want want to live for God's fame, by proclaiming His word and hope to others.

After thinking and praying about this, there are several purposes I'd like this blog to fulfill:

*Glorify God!
*Share prayer requests between me and my supporters.
*Proclaim God's faithfulness and how I see Him working.

I leave for Uganda in about two weeks. Everyone from World Harvest Mission will be meeting in Philadelphia on May 30th. We will be leaving for Uganda on June 1st.

I have a wide range of emotions that I'm feeling, but mostly, I'm excited. God has truly been preparing me in the past couple of months. Come to think of it, he's been preparing me for a while now (Ephesians 2:10). God has opened my eyes to many needy, hurting people here in the past couple of months. While I long to meet their physical and emotional needs, the best (and sometimes only) way I can help is by proclaiming God's hope and promises. I think this lesson will help me to better minister in Uganda.

I am also a bit nervous about leaving my family. These past couple of months have been difficult for my family as we're seeing loved ones go through sickness, death, and other life transitions. Part of me fears leaving my family with these trials, but I know God is good and is faithful through it all.

Just a quick recap of what I'll be doing this summer in Bundibugyo (this may change):
*Teaching science and math in Christ School, a boarding secondary school started by the mission about seven years ago.
*Discipleship after school programs with students at Christ School - doing evangelistic outreach through Bible study, sports, or other clubs.
*Learning more about missionary life through spending time with the missionaries and their families.

I'd like to thank everyone once again for their financial and prayer support and encouragement. You have been a huge blessing. This mission experience would not have happened without you. I am thankful for your obedience to God's call in being a sender for missions. I pray you reap the blessings of God's kingdom.

Love,
Andrea

No comments: